Sunday, May 20, 2007

Backing Up the Whole Hard Drive

I did a Google search on the term "backup software" and got 226 million responses. Now how am I going to sort through all the options, reviews and repeats to find the right program for me.
  1. I want it to be easy to use.
  2. I want it to verify the back up is good.
  3. I want it to be easy to restore, if my old hard drive fails.
Did you know that Windows XP and Vista come with a back up utility built in to the operating system. Why is it that so many people don't use it? There must be something wrong with it. Otherwise I would not get 226 million responses in Google.

Top Ten Reviews lists the top ten backup programs that are out on the market. I am happy to see that my favorite Acronis True Image, my favorite is listed as number two. It is a great program for backing operating system, programs and data that is on one's hard drive.

We sell it on the TEN Solutions.biz website along with the Good Sync program, I wrote about yesterday. I use Good Sync for daily back ups and Acronis True Image for monthly backups.

No comments: